The Virtual Playbook has been designed to help you reach maximum growth potential. We are your co-pilots, and we want you to be successful. In other words, we want to see more money in your pockets! There’s a proven methodology to this process, not only when it comes to how The Virtual Playbook is used, but also how you take that information and apply it in the field. We’ve outlined some key points below. We recommend you start at the beginning, make your way down the field, stopping at each of the yard lines to complete the four zones located within that particular yard line.
Example: 5 Yard Line:
1) Kick-off (Video overview of a specific topic)
2) Red-Zone (Written content)
3) End Zone (Exam portion) This is where you earn you points and your progress in the other zones).
4) Extra Point (Additional videos, downloadable templates and resources)
Standings: (Scoring System)
100% Perfect Score: Super Bowl Champion!
90% - 99%: Conference Champion
75% - 89%: Division Leader
74% - 0: Need more practice
You can expect a call from us within the next few days to create your company profile and set-up our first virtual coaching call. We will have one 45 minute coaching call every month for the next year. Our calls will consist of one on one custom-designed work, which could include having The Corporate Caterer come out to your operation to help you on-site.
The Virtual Playbook is a self-guided platform, however, we are here to help every step of the way. If your using this platform to train your employees in a specific area, have them begin with the yard line that is dedicated to that topic. Start at the Kick-off and follow through to the Extra Point. It is imperitive for them to take the test in the End Zone. This gives you (employer/manager) the ability to gauge their knowledge. If you are using this platform for yourself in its entirety, the most effective way to navigate your investment is to stick with the order. Begin with the 5 Yard Line and make your way down the field, go through every zone and you’ll be well on your way to a more efficient and profitable operation.
Pre-Game: State of the Industry
Reflecting on the Present and the Future
The catering industry has proven that new-age approaches hold much of the responsibility for the massive growth we've seen in recent years. Corporate catering makes up 33 percent of that massive growth, averaging over 22 billion dollars a year. With the creation of new forms of marketing and the expansion of social media, industry revenue has spiked. Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube have changed the game completely, and if you can't keep up, you will most certainly drown in this business. Your social media pages should be present and active, creating brand awareness and loyalty...and whatever you do, never ignore your followers! If they reach out to you by way of asking a question, commenting or liking a picture, etc. engage them. If you don't, you will surely lose followers, many of whom are clients.
In many cases, Millennials are at the helm, and in addition to already knowing all this social media stuff, they are also hard at work introducing new menu items, ensuring that pricing policies are appropriate, providing a more extensive range of services to satisfy the increasing requirements of today's client, accessing niche markets, coming up with edgy new concepts, and reaching those diverse markets that have been off the map for far too many years.
The corporate drop-off catering industry is a labor-intensive market where timing and logistical planning can (and will) be the difference between a client choosing you or deciding to go with another caterer. Since we are preparing food off-site and delivering to a location off premises, timing is everything. In fact late deliveries will most likely be a deal-breaker.
In a recent survey of 1000 corporate clients, when asked what they think the most important thing is in a caterer, given the options; a) taste of food
c) on-time delivery
...Overwhelmingly c) on-time delivery was THE most important with
d) presentation coming in 2nd, followed by a) taste of food and b) price.
This information gives us a good idea of where to steer the ship, so there’s absolutely no reason to fall short in this area; be on time and thrive or be late and struggle to survive.
- Q) How does the Catering Leads Program work?
- A) Members receive a Catering Leads Form. They list the zip codes and/or specific addresses, companies, and industries where they want to pursue new business. Next, our skilled (and very persistent), Lead Generators start pounding the phones. They work from custom created scripts to pre-qualify and amass companies who order catering regularly.
- Q) How is “order catering regularly” defined?
- A) Companies that order drop-off catering for a minimum of ten people at a minimum of twice a month. In cases when the number of people has parameters below and above 10. (Example: 7 - 25 people) or less than twice a month, (Example: once a month for 20 people), these qualify as a "half-lead." 2 "half-leads = 1 lead.
- Q) How are the Leads generated?
- A) In addition to regularly adding to our inventory, The Corporate Caterer has proprietary lists from every region in the country and most provinces in Canada. Our specially-trained team of in-house agents usually start with industry-specific "catering-friendly" businesses in your target market.
- Q) How many Leads do I get on one List?
- A) As many as you want. We have 5 different pricing tiers with varying numbers of monthy Leads you receive.
- Q) What information is included on a Catering Leads List?
- A) Generating Leads is an inexact science. Our goal is to collect as much contact information as possible, including;
Company Name, Address, Contact Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Ordering Frequency.
Some companies, however, have a firm, "We do not give out any names or direct phone-number," policy. In these cases, if their volume of catering is substantial enough, we will include that company as a Catering Lead. (Company Name, Address, Phone Number, Ordering Frequency and Name of "The Gate-Keeper" who provided the information). Your coach from The Corporate Caterer will work with you to navigate through these situations sucessfully.
Q) What is the typical turn-around time?
A) Members will receive their Leads List approximately 2-3 weeks after their Catering Leads Form has been received.
- Q) What about the companies in my selected zip codes/street addresses that I am already doing business with? I don’t want to pay for Leads that are already clients.
- A) On the Catering Leads Form, there is a section; “List any companies to exclude on your Leads List.”
- Q) What happens if there are not enough qualified Catering Leads within my selected zip code(s)?
- A) Your Lead Generator will expand the search zone to 5-mile radius increments of your selected zip code(s).
- Q) What if I call a company who’s ordering frequency is “4 times per month,” and the contact person tells me it’s “closer to 2 times per month?”
- A) While we diligently strive for 100% accuracy, on occasion this will occur. Typically, this occurs when your Leads Generator is unable to speak directly to the contact person and another administrator had answered the “ordering frequency” question. The good news is this - it goes both ways. For example, the same contact person may tell you they order catering “closer to 6 times a month.”
- Q) How much does a List of Leads cost?
- A) It depends which membership package you select. After you convert one lead into a repeat client, you have already covered the cost (and then some), of our top-tier, "Executive Chef" platform. (If you follow our program exactly the way it is layed out, and follow the instructions of your Coach to the letter, the potential for growth is unlimited. If you use The Virtual Playbook's tools, resouces and insider information, read our books and magazine articles and watch our videos, The Corporate Caterer's Virtual Playbook will be the sigle best investment you will ever make in your business).
- Q) How does payment work?
- A) Click the link below to Join the Catering Leads Program. When you submit that form you will be redirected to PayPal to make your payment. If you are not logged in as a member, you will be asked to log in or to join.
- Q) Can I purchase additional Leads?
- A) Yes. In fact, many of our member invest in extra Leads.
- Q) Can non-members participate in the Catering Leads Program?
- A) No. This service is exclusively for members of TheCorporateCaterer.com. We are very focused on building a community of foodservice operators who want to grow collectively, as well as individually. Our tagline is, "Your Lifetime Catering Consultant," and we mean it. Our goal is to help the growth, efficiency and profitability, for the life your business.
- Q) What should I do after I get my Leads List?
- A) Your Coach will guide you thru the roadmap to start reeling in some new business! This is a process. There are no magic wands and results are not realized overnight. You need to practice three things to become "a player" in your marketplace. Patience. Persistence. Commitment.
- Q) How do I get started?
- A) You are a click away! Remember to log in as a member, then click the link below to apply and pay.
1. Catering in the Age of COVID-19
A. Examining Your Finances
C. Surviving the Winter: Hibernate or Soldier On?
D. Residential Catering: Meet Your Neighbors
E1. Breakfast Catering
E2. Lunch Catering
E3. Hors D’oeuvres / Dinner Catering
2. Virtual Tastings
3. Third-Party Delivery Portals
4. Systemizing Your Operation
6. Food Allergies & Dietary Restrictions
7. Work / Life Balance
8. Emails and Letters
9. Audio and Video Recording of National Conferences
10. Downloadable Resources and Templates